Hotel Vieni was founded in 1924 in Orestiada by Ioannis Ioannidis, father of Nickolaos Ioannidis , under the name "Giannis" with 18 beds and an open-air cinema . He also founded a cinema in Dasiou Square. Hotel "Giannis" was later extended to 20 rooms and 35 beds. Later on , Nickolaos Ioannidis takes over and renames the hotel "Vienni".( The reason for choosing this name was financial, since only two letters had to be changed in the illuminated sign). In the following years the hotel was extended continuously in order to meet the increasing demand of its services. It was ,for a long period of time, the only hotel in the area. The extensions/ renovations were the following:

istoriko.gif
year   rooms  beds
1973   41       72
1975   51       89
1978   57      102
1984   61      110
1988   79      146
2005   74      143
2006   Last restoration 

  

   Until 1986, the business was individual, run by Nickolaos Ioannidis. In 1986 it became a societe anonyme (S.A) having him and his wife, Eleni Ioannidou as shareholders. Later on, after Nickolaos Ioannidis passed away the S.A under the name of "Nickolaos Ioannidis- Hotel Vienni-Tourist Businesses S.A", was passed on to its remaining shareholders, Eleni Ioannidou and their daughter ,Nickole Ioannidou.
   Since 2001, the hotel  has been running under the direction of Nickole Ioannidou.